There’s something in the nature of human beings that means that we don’t appreciate what we have. Too often we put our attention on the past or future or get caught up in negative thinking about what we are missing. We miss the present moment and we miss the wonder of what we have right now.
This applies as much to relationships, jobs, family, friends as it does to our health and wellbeing. Take tooth roots. You probably don’t think much about them on a daily basis. There they are, anchoring your teeth into the jawbone, holding them in place so you can bite and chew with abandon, without you needing to give them a second thought.
But, like with so many things in life, once they are gone, then we notice. Anyone who has a missing tooth or wears dentures can attest to the power of the tooth root. Without it, even with a replacement crown, our teeth no longer have the chewing power they once did.
There is a chance for redemption, however. While scientists haven’t yet perfected the process for re-growing lost body parts, we do have the technology to replace them with implants. In Belfast, dental implants have offered patients the chance to replace their missing tooth roots for more than 30 years. Though if you are only newly missing your teeth, you may not have heard of what they can do.
Here’s a quick rundown:
- implants are replacement tooth roots that are made from titanium
- titanium bonds with the natural structures of the body and so creates a very secure foundation for a replacement crown
- full biting and chewing powers are returned with implant-restored teeth
- no need to go onto a soft food diet
- implant-restored teeth are maintained in the same way as natural teeth, with regular brushing, flossing and check-ups.
Here at Blue Sky Dentistry, our implant dentists are more than happy to talk you through your options for dental implants in Belfast. Whether you have lost a single tooth, a few in a row, a whole arch or full set, we can help. Call into the surgery today and find out if dental implants in Belfast could restore your lost roots.